Thursday, April 12, 2007

12 Days of Anxiety


Yesterday was 1 month since my skiing accident. Here's a pic of me taken at Penn Station in NY 1 week after the accident.









Twelve days until ACL reconstruction surgery. In some ways, I feel like I'm getting ready to go away on a big trip. I have all this errata to take care of before I'm laid up. It creates a little excitement until I remember that I'm just getting ready to combat pain, atrophy and cabin fever with painkillers, DVDs and physical therapy.

On the upside of things, I can walk around without crutches or brace. I'm taking the stairs faster than ever. And I don't need to take painkillers at night to sleep anymore. It is nice to see improvements. In fact, I'm already sort of forgetting how it felt to be practically immobile. (Guess I'll get reintroduced to that shortly.)

I've been a little slow getting on with the PT. I'm supposed to get on an eliptical machine or stationary bike every day for 20 minutes. I haven't gotten around to doing that because I'd have to join a gym. I do do the stretches and some strength exercises at home. It's giving me a way to catch up on Six Feet Under, Season 2.

No comments: