Saturday, May 19, 2007

SO sleepy!

I was out last night until 11:00. We watched an episode of The Sopranos (Season 5, episode 4) then went to bed at midnight. I slept until 9:30, then went back to sleep at noon and slept until 4:00! That's crazy! I think the heavy sleep today was a direct result of taking painkillers yesterday for the post-physical therapy. The physical therapist will say it has something to do with my "parasympathetic nervous system" blah, blah, blah. I feel like a loser! Who sleeps for 13 1/2 hours? Insane.

I've been in a lot of pain today. It's the spot on my femur where the doc "shaved" or "smoothed" an abrasion. After sleeping so much today I avoided taking any painkillers until after dinner tonight. Balancing pain and reaction to the painkillers is tricky.

No comments: