Wednesday, May 23, 2007

One Month

For those of you keeping score at home, it has been 4 weeks since my ACL reconstruction surgery.

Things are going pretty well. I'm off crutches. I'm walking without a brace. I walk slowly but am getting faster every day. I have just started to take the stairs up like a normal person. It took awhile to be able to flex my injured knee enough to raise it in front of me to the next step, then it took awhile to get the strength to push myself through the movement on that leg. I'm not strong enough to go down stairs leading with my good leg -- it puts too much strain on my knee.

Today is physical therapy. I'm going to warm up on my bike at home before I go. This is the session that came with the "take your painkiller before your next appointment." Lord have mercy.

And if you're wondering how much knee surgery costs -- my doctor billed my insurance company $20,500. My share is $5,272. That's a little higher than I expected.

No comments: