Monday, May 21, 2007

Lost Weekend

This wouldn't hyperlink, don't know why. Copy and paste the URL into your browser. I don't know who the artist is but I appreciate the sentiment.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gregbiche/232224439/

I slept most of this weekend. I think I was sleeping off the cumulative effect of painkillers I took Thursday and Friday. Not that I took that many. I think on Friday I had 3 over the course of the day and night. I seriously think I'm having trouble metabolizing these things. Or maybe I take them too frequently?

I avoided taking a PK all day yesterday. I only took Tylenol for the constant, gnawing pain at the abraised spot on my thigh bone (femur). It persisted through the Tyleonol yesterday but I was able to ignore it while I was out walking around. It's impossible to ignore when I'm trying to sleep.

I was up at 11:45 pm, 12:30, 1:45, etc. Eventually just got up, took Tylenol, and read at 4:30. I was hoping I'd get sleepy and go back to bed. No such luck. The throbbing kept me from feeling sleepy.

I'm going to contact the accupuncturist I saw last year to talk to her about pain management. In the meantime, back on PK today. Blah.

PK log
8:00 a.m.
7:00 p.m.

No comments: